Best Friend's 20th Birthday Dinner

Heyy lovelies
I'm finally back and posting an actual post worth reading and hope you're as excited to read it, as I am writing about it.
Yesterday, it was one of my best friends 20th birthday dinner who I have known for 12 years, which is insane to think about. I don't get to see her as often as I would like to but when we do catch up it's just how it was where we last left off. I am forever grateful for her and I would feel like a piece is missing from me if I had never met her. Alright enough of the sappiness as some of you may be cringing but that's truly how I feel :)
 On this particular occasion I decided to wear a casual, cosy yet warm outfit since it's currently Autumn in Australia, which means it's starting to get a bit chilly at night. The top that I wore was from a shop called Valleygirl which was around $20 I believe. It has a black and white stripy pattern on the back which comes down from the sleeves, to give off a sliming effect. The front is quite sheer with a zip to add a little style and is longer in the back. 




I also paired it with a black knitted cardigan which I am completely obsessed with since it's so warm and cosy. I also opted for a larger size since it makes the comfort factor go way up in my opinion. This cardigan was also from Valleygirl on sale for $20 which is always a bonus. It also undoubtedly goes with any outfit and I personally consider it a staple for every wardrobe.



I also decided to wear some black ankle boots which I bought from Target for $50. This might be pricey for some but I have always bought expensive shoes since they don't hurt my feet as much. I have learnt the hard way buying cheap shoes and my feet aching by the end of the night which is never pleasant. I don't know if it's just me but I see a running theme of black throughout my outfit, but I do wear other colours I'll have you know. For my bottoms I just went for grey tights which I bought from a store called SES for $15, I would have taken a photo but they are unfortunately in the wash whoops!



For my makeup I decided to just go with my everyday look except for the eyeshadow, which I only wear on nights out or parties obviously. All these products except for a few I have already done a blog post on, so feel free to check those out if you're interested on what shades and brands I use often.


Products in order of application

Maybelline Fit me Foundation
Maybelline concealer
Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder
Rimmel Natural Bronzer
Model co blush
Rimmel eyeshadow
Maybelline New York liquid eyeliner & eye pencil
Rimmel Extra Wow Lash mascara in 003 extreme black
Rimmel Provocalips lipgloss

I also made sure to spray myself with some Girlfriend perfume my dad bought for my birthday a while ago and it smells amazing!



The dinner party was held in the city called Holy Basil in the Shark Hotel. At first I was certain it was an Italian restaurant going off the name, but was mistaken since it was a Thai restaurant. It was quite spacious and had a chill vibe which I loved and it also had a few pool tables, a bar and some comfy chairs complimenting the light brown interiors. Overall, I was content since I discovered another restaurant in the city worth a second visit or two.

( Some interior lights I clearly fancied)

Once we were all settled into our seats and chatted away, it was time to order. I decided to go with the  chicken pad see ew, I know strange name but delicious nonetheless haha. However when you're starving and everyone around you has got their meals and yours is still yet to arrive, I got a little impatient not going to lie! Nonetheless, when it eventually arrived I couldn't have been happier as it was exactly how I expected it to be. 

(My chicken pad see ew)

Nearing the end of the night we played some pool which I stayed well away from since I'm not the best and we had to take some good old bathroom selfies to remember the night of course haha.


I hope you enjoyed this long post and has inspired you on some cosy outfit ideas on chill nights out.

Love,
Nrutya xx

Comments

Popular Posts