Random May Favourites

Helloo there

I hope everyone is doing well and having a great time if you're on holidays, as I am one of those people! However, I do know there are some of us still out there who have a few more weeks of school or uni left. All I have to say is power through those final exams and your time to chill will approach in no time.
Today, I thought I would talk about what I have been loving in May, as well as sneaking in what I have been obsessed with currently.

David Jones Cream $15
Currently, it's winter in Australia which means it's vital to keep your skin hydrated. In doing this I have been using the 'David Jones Cocoa Butter cream' to keep my skin fresh and moisturised. Don't get me wrong I have been using this cream on and off for the past month or so, as I wasn't sure it was hydrating enough. However, after months of trying out different creams I have finally settled on this charm! I use it everyday after a shower without fail. It also spreads smoothly on the skin and doesn't give that sticky feeling. I would also like to add a little goes a long way as the creamy consistency lasts a long time, until you shower the next day of course.
This has been my go-to cream for the cooler months as it leaves my skin feeling smooth, soft and hydrated. I shall let you know how it scrubs up on the warmer months in a later post. 


Maybelline Falsies 2 in 1 approx: $13
Moreover, in the month of May as well as this month I have been loving long and full lashes to finish off a look. I never knew I needed this product until I decided to buy it and give it a go. I usually just used one mascara wand for both my top and bottom lashes since it worked fine. However, after using this 2 in 1 product with a separate wand for my lashes it has evidently changed my mascara game haha. I feel as though my top and bottom lashes are much more fuller and evenly spaced, rather than being clumped together. The added bonus is you don't need to touch up for partially the whole day as it holds its shape and gives the 'false' lash effect obviously. 

Target Suede Boots: $60  



Another, one of my favourites for May would have to be these black, suede boots from Target. I have been obsessed with them the moment I saw them on the rack and knew I needed to own them. I have also obviously been wearing them a lot this month whenever I'm heading out as it's been quite chilly. I opted for the lower heeled ones as it is much more efficient in walking around and my feet are safe from blisters! In particular when I'm at uni I would much rather have a smaller heel on my boots for the comfort factor. You can't go wrong with a pair of knee high boots in winter and I also see them as a staple in your wardrobe. 

SES Jacket $50

Additionally, I also had to pair my boots with a versatile item which has to be this chic black jacket. I am completely in love with this jacket as it's so comfortable, stylish and notably warm, hence it being in my May favourites. There is nothing worse than finding an amazing jacket but realising it leaves you freezing on a night out. What caught my attention was the detail of the beads on the sleeves which adds a flare to the jacket and goes with every outfit. You can never go wrong with an item like this one in your closet to bring an outfit together. 

Toni&Guy Matt Texture Dry Shampoo approx: $10 

In terms of hair, last month I began using the Toni&Guy dry shampoo with a matt texture unsparingly. I have previously done a post on a similar dry shampoo by the same brand however, it lacked the feel of texture in your hair. This dry shampoo ultimately made my second day hair feel as if I had just washed it. Also on the plus side it adds extra volume and the feeling of greasiness completely disappears. I have used various dry shampoos and I can honestly say none of them have made my hair feel this fresh! I would recommend this product as it isn't too expensive and can be found at any department store.


Last but not least, I have been watching a lot of 'Orange is the new Black' in the month of May every chance I got leading up to season 3, which comes out today on Netflix. 
For once Australia has something that the Americans have had for a while and that's Netflix, which means I can finally watch my TV shows in HD *happy dance*.
I never thought I would enjoy this show but I was mistaken as it completely has me hooked!
If you like a bit of drama and comedy mixed with women in prison then I would highly recommend this show. 
Give it a go who knows you might come around to enjoying it as much as I do!

Let me know any other TV shows I should watch?
I would also like to say to the countless amount of you guys who go out of your way to read my blog posts, THANK YOU so much, it honestly means a lot :)

Nrutya xx

Comments

Popular Posts