August Favourites

Hello lovely readers

It has been a while since I last posted anything on my blog, nonetheless that is exactly what I'm going to be doing right now. On another note, I finally turn 21 today woohoo for more adult responsibilities! So, I thought it would be the perfect time to talk about the things I have been loving in the month of August. There weren't a lot of beauty related things that I really loved, but I have been loving a few random things so might as well get started.

I recently noticed that I haven't talked about a book I have been really engrossed in for a long time. However, I did discover a new magazine called 'Frankie' whilst having a little nosy in the magazine section. It is a lot more on the pricey end but I think it's worth the money since it talks about real issues and can also be viewed as a much more 'arty' mag. It comes out every two months for the price of $10 and I have been completely obsessed with their mags. It's like that phase you go through in your teens buying 'girlfriend' or 'dolly' magazines, while reading the sealed section with your friends haha. I think this is my next go-to magazine for just some me time once in a while.


The next item I have been loving is the 'Body Shop' Shea body butter in almond. It is for sure the best thing for dry skin and I have already hit the bottom of the cointainer, that is how much I love it. I tend to put it on the top and bottom of my eyebrows especially if I have recently threaded them, since for some reason they always get dry in that particular area. It's long lasting and can be applied any where your skin may be drying out. I would recommend this product as it does exactly what it's meant to do. 


For some beauty related items I have been using the 'Model Co.' mascara in black, 'Australis' lipgloss in papaya and my first ever 'Stila' black liquid eyeliner towards the end of August. It is currently just the beginning of spring here in Australia and I think you can't go wrong with the peachy pink gloss with every makeup look. It literally screams spring! The mascara is definitely lengthening and evenly spreads out my lashes even when layering it on. No one wants spider lashes even though oddly some companies have models advertising mascaras with spider lashes. But each to their own I always say.




Another, thing I would like to add is that the 'Stila' eyeliner is honestly the best purchase I have ever made. It's most definitely long lasting, doesn't dry out, matte and is also waterproof which is everything I believe a liquid liner should have/do. The best part about this liner is it's literally a pen which makes doing winged liner a lot easier. If you guys have any mecca cosmetics or makeup related stores near you I would highly recommend this brand, since it does wonders for me!


Last but not least, movie wise I would urge every single person reading this to go watch 'The True Cost' and really take in and educate yourself about this issue. I have for so long not taken into consideration where my clothes really come from and who essentially pays the price for my constant consumption of clothes. We as humans are naturally emphatic and are often uneducated about particular issues in the world. We also don't tend to acknowledge different aspects of life struggles until we physically choose to be concerned about it and allow ourselves to think about others. Living in this world blindly won't solve these important topics that need our attention.
This documentary changed the way I see clothes I buy and constantly want to own, for no apparent reason but to be 'trendy'. 
It's currently on Netflix and is for sure an important issue to think about.


On that note, I hope you enjoyed this post and always remember I adore and appreciate the lot of you reading what I have to say.

Nrutya xx

Comments

Popular Posts