How to | Chicken Dumplings

Heyy blog readers

I cannot believe it's already December and currently Christmas in Australia! That is insane I feel as though I blinked and the year flew past. Also, to those of you who do celebrate Christmas I hope it all turns out amazing and you have a great time with family and friends. Today I decided to write about a dish I recently made for luck and turned out to be a family favourite. I would also like to add I tend to avoid eating as much meat as possible and only prefer to eat it on the occasion. That's the choice I have personally decided to make for my own health purposes, and it doesn't hurt eating more vegetables anyway.
However, on this instance I wanted to make some chicken dumplings for my whole family as well as some vegetarian ones for myself. It is mind you the easiest dish to make coming from someone who isn't the greatest cook haha. As far as I'm concerned I quite enjoy cooking when everything goes accordingly. So, for your convince I have written the recipe to this dish if any of you would like to try it out anytime you get a chance.

Time: 15min to prep and cook   Difficulty: Easy   Makes: 30 

You will need:
  • 1 Bamboo steamer
  • Baking paper
  • Large saucepan
  • flat wooden spoon
Ingredients:

300g Chicken mince
4 green onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
a few lettuce leaves, chopped 
2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
3/4 teaspoon sesame oil 
30 wonton wrappers or how ever you may want
1cm piece ginger, finely chopped
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar 

Method:
  1. Combine mince, onion, garlic, ginger, lettuce, rice wine, white pepper and oil in bowl, season with salt.
  2. Place the mixture onto one wonton wrapper leaving enough space to fold each corner together. Use a brush dipping it in cold water to brush around the edges of the wrapper. Press firmly to  secure mixture in the wonton wrapper.
  3. Take your saucepan and fill water half way up and begin to simmer whilst you continue to create more dumplings.
  4. Place baking paper inside the bamboo steamer before placing any dumplings inside. Once all the dumplings that fit are inside the steamer, place it on top of the saucepan and allow it to steam for a good 15 to 20 min.
  5. Once cooked gently slide a wooden spoon underneath the dumpling and serve on a plate with a side of hot chilli sauce, soy sauce or one of your own preference






This isn't my usual beauty related post but I was proud of myself for making this successful dish that I had to share it.  I hope you enjoyed it and have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Nrutya xx

Comments

Popular Posts