Inspiration of the day | Love yourself

Helloo once again after what seems like forever!

I won't bother explaining myself and making up excuses as to why I haven't posted in a while. However, I am glad to be back to share some of my thoughts with you. Recently, I have given thought to the topic of truly loving yourself no matter what state of mind you're in. This is what happens when it's late and I should be asleep, but I have random moments of inspiration to write a blog post haha.   

Often, we look upon others to make us feel special, loved and compliment us on the smallest things. Although all these aspects are valid and wouldn't hurt if someone said or showed they care. It is important to actually tell yourself how much you love you and all the flaws you may see in yourself. 

We are the biggest critiques of ourselves and don't necessarily realise it. The amount of times we look at ourselves in the mirror or selfies we take every now and then is basically the reason we are so harsh on ourselves than anyone else. I'm sure the girl or boy you think is gorgeous from every angle views themselves completely differently to the people around them. 

A couple of years ago I stumbled across a quote on the Internet which really got me to view myself in a different persoective till this present day. I don't remember it word for word but it essentially said that, we see every flaw on ourselves because we have examined every aspect of our body since we view it everyday. While to someone else it's beautiful! 

If I do come across that quote again I will be sure to share it. Besides, I think it's important to compliment yourself and say some positive things next time you catch yourself examining every inch of your body in front of a mirror. Perhaps instead of pointing out everything that is negative and should be 'fixed'. Why not say three things you love about yourselves everyday until you start to believe it! 

I also thought I would share with you some quotes that I found summed up what I essentially talked about throughout this post. 


                                                          


                                             

I hope you enjoyed this post and it inspired you to be kind to yourself every now and then. It will for sure leave you in a much better mood mentally and no doubt a happier person. It is easier said than done but it doesn't hurt to try! 

                    Lots of love,
                      Nrutya xx

Comments

Popular Posts