My Review of Suicide Squad

Helloo guys

It has been too long since I last wrote on my blog and I don't have an excuse except for the fact I have been uninspired lately.
However, it's good to be back and writing on my blog again about a movie I recently went to watch.
Many of you may not know this but I am a huge fan of all kinds of superhero/villain type films aside from many other genres and I couldn't be happier that Suicide Squad was coming out. I have been waiting to watch this movie ever since the first trailer was released back in 2015. Anything to do with Marvel and DC I am all for and will always be up to watch it.

I would like to note that this is my opinion and I respect everyone's individual take on the film and I hope you respect mine. Also, if you haven't watched the movie I advise you not to read ahead to avoid spoilers. I watched this film not listening to any reviews and wanting to make up my own mind on this film, which might even work for you.

My verdict of the film was that it was alright but could have been so much better.
 The characters I was most looking forward to seeing on the big screen were obviously the new Joker, Harley Quinn and El Diablo since his powers were pretty cool. The beginning of the movie had me invested in the film and excited on where this story would take me. Despite, the strong opening of the first scenes introducing the characters it later became a mess and pivotal points in the movie didn't make sense. This made me so sad since I really rooted for this film and a lot of the jokes I found personally weren't that funny. The antagonist in the film wasn't who I thought it was going to be and I wanted a lot more Joker since in the trailers he was showcased as the bad guy. 
The other characters were interesting but I didn't feel emotionally invested in any of them that when some unfortunately died I felt nothing.

Besides, the characters not having me emotionally invested in them the plot wasn't really strong and was quite messy. The only positive aspect of this film was Margot Robbie's performance as Harley Quinn which captivated me the most. I'm not gonna lie, Jared Leto did a good job playing the Joker but there wasn't much of him in the film and his character didn't fit into the storyline. I am hoping for a Harley and Joker spin-off since I would most likely watch it.
All in all, I did enjoy the visuals, music and the characters themselves but the overall story was unfortunately not that great.


 I'll leave you some of my fave character gifs because why not haha :)



Let me know what you thought of the movie as I respect everyone's opinions and who your favourite character was in the film?

Lots of Love, 
Nrutya     

Comments

Popular Posts