Live your best life | Thoughts



Image from PremiumBeat by Shuttershock


How often have you put yourself first and did something you enjoyed? There are times when we get comfortable in our daily routines and forget to venture out. I know I do.
I don’t realise it until someone asks me what I have planned for the weekend and I don't know how to respond. I once again decided to stay in with my dog and watch a tv show over going out with a friend.  However, there are steps you can take to ensure you make the most out of your life.

1. Having a third place

Recently I stumbled across a TikTok about having a third space. It caught my attention as it explained the importance of having a space outside your home and workplace. This is crucial if you work from home and your work/life seem to mould together. It’s important to have a place where you can separate yourself from your work and home life. It could be a cafe, park, restaurant etc. Anything that will get you out of the house and allow your mind to reset.

2. Hobbies

It is important to have something you look forward to outside of work. Something that doesn’t feel like a chore and that you enjoy. In my case I enjoy writing wether that be on this blog or my personal journal. You may enjoy creating things such as drawing, painting or pottery. Perhaps getting involved in a sporting activity like soccer, tennis or badminton. This will help reduce stress levels and stop your mind from wandering and overthinking.

3. Exercise

I believe exercising is crucial in lifting your mood and getting those endorphins going. The hardest part is getting motivated to start exercising. But once you complete the workout it always leaves you feeling great. This can be a simple jog or walk around the neighbourhood to get your heart pumping. Those that prefer a more intense route perhaps weights or a HIIT workout might be more suited. At the end of the day whatever physical activity you choose to do will be worth it.  

4. Trying new things

Life is too short hence investing time on learning new skills can be fulfilling. You may find yourself with a new hobby or learning something valuable you can apply to your personal or professional life. It doesn’t matter what age you are, we are constantly being exposed to new things while being given the opportunity to learn. This will inevitably help you grow as a person and get out of your comfort zone.


These are the 4 things I try to focus on in my life. Each day is different and you shouldn’t feel disheartened if you don’t meet these expectations. We are all human and some days are easier than others. As long as you try doing at least one thing you set your mind on, that’s an accomplishment.



Comments

Popular Posts