Nurragingy Reserve | Day Out

 Hello everyone


It’s officially summer here in Australia despite not feeling like it.

I have found it to be more autumn/winter weather as of late.

It hasn’t been as hot as it usually is in spring leading into summer, where it gets in the 30s and 40s temperature wise.

Either way I prefer the cooler temperatures where I am not sweating every minute.

Maybe some of you can relate!

The cooler temperatures mean it’s perfect to have a picnics and go for long walks in parks.

 I thought what better way than to go on a family picnic surrounded by nature!

Being around nature is always relaxing and healing in my opinion.

I’m the type of person who loves being in an area with large trees, flowers and parks. In a sense being surrounded by greenery is when I am happiest.

Mind you the day I went along with my family it wasn't the coolest of days but it was manageable. 

I thought I would share a nature reserve I went to incase any of you want to have a day out with your family and friends.

 I found the Nurragingy Reserve to be perfect. It even had a few surprises I wasn’t expecting. 

Pets are welcome but must be on a leash which is always a win. I never want to leave home if my dog is all alone. Maybe some of you who have pets might understand!

There are various barbecue areas in this park with large open spaces to play. I brought along my badminton set, frisbee and tennis balls. A small disclaimer but there are small ponds in certain areas which are camouflaged due to green algae. It is very easy to mistake it as firm ground!

The surprising aspect of this park is the Chinese garden, New Zealand garden, bridges with picturesque views and walkways surrounded by greenery. It also has a venue that can be booked for weddings which makes sense considering the scenery. It is also perfect for an instagram moment!

If you ever need a get away which isn’t too far depending on your location, the Nurragingy Reserve is a great place for friends and families to relax, enjoy and create memories. 

It is located in Doonside on Knox road and is considered a tourist attraction in New South Wales. 










Lots of Love,

Nrutya xx


 

Comments

Popular Posts